Are you ready to have a career conversation with your team?
Don’t risk losing your talent, start the conversation today!
deliberatepractice have the solution. In collaboration with Greg Smith, Author of ‘Career Conversations – How to Get the Best from your Talent Pool’, we put the spotlight on an important leadership requirement that’s often missed in the leadership skills repertoire. Drawing on the principles in Greg’s book our workshops on ‘Career Conversations for Leaders’ will equip leaders and managers with a proactive approach to employee development, one conversation at a time!
Career satisfaction arouses energy, creativity and capability, a key to business success. The interception of career satisfaction and retention is widely accepted and a competitive advantage. Everyone benefits when leaders commit to regular career conversations with their people. Employees don’t always know how to navigate their career pathways and leaders are often ill equipped in the coaching skills necessary to assist their people to achieve career satisfaction. Leaders may be wary of having career conversations with employees for fear of getting it wrong, but as a leader, it’s easy to regret the career conversation you never had. By taking an active and sustainable interest in employees’ career drivers and development, the positive investment in that relationship is palpable.
Our leadership workshops are an introduction into the role leaders must play in career development and explores the evolution of careers, the changing employment landscape, mega trends and career development frameworks, tools and techniques.
In attending, leaders will be provided with practical guidance and skills in:
- The art of holding effective career conversations
- Engaging with employees on career aspirations and planning
- Helping employees reinvent themselves for the future of work
- Gaining self-insight and becoming a more effective leader
- Empathising and responding to employee needs
- Operating as a career coach
- Helping employees to build their personal brand
By investing in your relationships with employees in this way:
- Employees grow towards their aspirations and access an employee experience advantage
- Career forces such as implicit, subtle stimuli that can generate career doubts are preempted
- Organisations are delivered the workforce flexibility needed, due to committed and engaged employees
- Employees are better positioned to adapt to employment transformation due to the rise of AI, automation and gig sharing economies and build their capability accordingly
- Organisations can increase their power to defend against competitors approach to your employees
Stay ahead of the competition, retain your valued employees and enquire about our workshops and your needs below:
T: 1300 deliberate (1300 335 423)
M: 0418 119 975